GRP Mobile Access Platforms (MAPs)
If a full-length, permanent access platform simply isn’t possible, Mobile Access Platforms are the next best thing.
From cleaning, inspecting or repairing a vehicle to getting the driver out safely, a mobile platform offers flexibility for smaller rail depots, providing safe access to rolling stock, roofs and access points for NWR operatives. Built to your specifications, our Mobile Access Platforms take into account the angle of your platform and the relative height of the train floor to provide level, trip-free access. We even add rubber fenders to prevent the vehicles from being damaged.
Step on Safety’s MAPs:
- Designed to BS standards and NWR standards with 5kn/m2 loading
- Braked wheels hold them in position while in use
- GRP Grating and stair nosing remains anti-slip even when wet or oily
- Non-corrosive, non-conductive and long-lasting
- Lightweight, making them easy to manoeuvre into position
- Safe access for cleaners, drivers, other associated contractors and if required, passengers at any point in the depot
- Easy install and modular in design – can be supplied as full fabrication or in modules
- Bespoke designs can also include anti-climb mesh or safety gates