GRP Maintenance Platforms for Rail Industry
No matter which part of the train you need to reach, a permanent GRP Maintenance Platform will provide a safe, stable, non-conductive working environment.
From cleaning the train to inspecting or repairing HVAC systems, platforms that run the length of a train, on both sides and at different levels mean work can start the moment a vehicle arrives. What’s more, it can be worked on by however many crew members you need, ensuring a fast and cost-effective turnaround without sharing space or compromising safety. Step on Safety has supplied extensive multi-level platforms to wash and maintenance sheds to rail depots across the UK.
Choosing GRP to build permanent vehicle maintenance platforms is a smart choice all round;
- GRP is low-maintenance and long-lasting
- GRP Stairs and Walkways are quieter to walk on, helping to reduce noise levels in an already noisy working environment
- GRP Mesh remains anti-slip even in wet or oily conditions
- Using Mini or Micro Mesh GRP Grating ensure tools and fixings don’t fall through to lower levels if dropped
- Regular Access Stairs ensure a speedy evacuation in the event of an emergency
- Hi-Vis Handrailing clearly identifies potential hazards, gates and stairs
- Adding Screen Guards to the handrails adds another level of safety to walkway sides that don’t need vehicle access