Work Pipeline Visibility Charter
In May 2021, the Rail Supply Group launched an industry-wide initiative, a Work Pipeline Visibility Charter backed by Network Rail, HS2, the Department for Transport and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
The RSG Charter is aimed at businesses across the UK that supply services, or products to the rail sector. The RSG is asking businesses supplying the rail industry – infrastructure contractors, technology suppliers, consultancies, original equipment manufacturers, project management companies and SME specialist suppliers – to commit to the Rail Supply Group’s Work Pipeline Visibility Charter and, as key suppliers of GRP solutions to the industry, Step on Safety was more than happy to get involved. As signatories of the Charter, we will be giving our commitment to sharing our work pipeline information with our suppliers.
We will provide work pipeline visibility across the supply chain to allow our suppliers to plan and invest with confidence, driving improvements in productivity, collaboration and delivery of outcomes.
Committing to sharing work pipeline information with suppliers has been shown to increase collaboration and trust and increasing collaboration and trust creates an environment where work pipeline information can be shared without its exploitation.
By making our work pipeline visible to our suppliers we will:
- Drive improvements in productivity by giving our suppliers sufficient time to plan the delivery of work efficiently and safely
- Help our suppliers manage changes in work volumes
- Increase the pace of delivery
- Create the conditions that mean our suppliers can make planning and investment decisions with confidence
- Increase supply chain collaboration and engagement whilst maintaining customer-supplier confidentiality
- Mitigate delivery risks associated with resource availability and constraints
- Improve value for money and delivery of outcomes
If you’d like to discuss an upcoming project with us, get in touch today.