No matter which part of the train you need to reach, a permanent GRP Maintenance Platform will provide a safe, stable, non-conductive working environment.
From cleaning the train to inspecting or repairing HVAC systems, platforms that run the length of a train, on both sides and at different levels mean work can start the moment a vehicle arrives. What’s more, it can be worked on by however many crew members you need, ensuring a fast and cost-effective turnaround without sharing space or compromising safety. Step on Safety has supplied extensive multi-level platforms to wash and maintenance sheds to rail depots across the UK.
Choosing GRP to build permanent vehicle maintenance platforms is a smart choice all round;
- GRP is low-maintenance and long-lasting
- GRP Stairs and Walkways are quieter to walk on, helping to reduce noise levels in an already noisy working environment
- GRP Mesh remains anti-slip even in wet or oily conditions
- Using Mini or Micro Mesh GRP Grating ensure tools and fixings don’t fall through to lower levels if dropped
- Regular Access Stairs ensure a speedy evacuation in the event of an emergency
- Hi-Vis Handrailing clearly identifies potential hazards, gates and stairs
- Adding Screen Guards to the handrails adds another level of safety to walkway sides that don’t need vehicle access
Maintenance Platforms case studies
We revisited the solution that gave maintenance teams in the inspection and cleaning sheds at Selhurst Traincare Depot, safe and easy access.