Probably our biggest seller, Step on Safety’s RiserDeck® is a complete riser flooring solution for easy installation within mechanical and electrical service riser vents and smoke risers. It provides a modern, high-spec alternative to traditional galvanised steel and ply board service riser duct flooring and is easier to install and adjust as additional services are fitted.
The complete system comprises of our Universal™ Angle, I-Beam, C-Section GRP profiles and QuartzGrip® GRP open mesh grating, cut precisely to fit the size and shape of the riser vent. It can be installed during construction or retro-fitted to older buildings to bring them up to code.
More and more, architects, developers, site managers and contractors are specifying GRP for their riser floors.
- It’s lightweight so can be manoeuvred into place by hand – no heavy lifting gear is required
- It’s non-sparking, so if it needs to be cut onsite, hot works licenses are not required and there’s no fire hazard
- It’s non-corrosive and low-maintenance with a life expectancy of decades
- The flooring is anti-slip reducing the risk of slips and falls
- It can be cut to any shape and installed to suit your timetable – whether that’s as the building goes up, at the end of construction or in an older, completed building
- We can install it for you or provide pre-cut sections for your own teams to fit
Riser Floors case studies
Bromley High Street
Thomas Sinden selected Step on Safety to supply ten risers required over five floors on a new development in Bromley High Street
Changes to Health & Safety requirements mean that works needed to be undertaken at the Savoy Hotel to protect maintenance staff
A New Way of Working
Working with Kier, our engineers are developing a new way of installing GRP Riser Floors that saves time and money.
The Broadway, London
We were privileged to be contracted by Keltbray to install 350 riser floors at The Broadway, an exclusive new development at St James Park.