We're hiring | Assistant Management AccountantAugust 25th, 2017
The Assistant Management Accountant is responsible for maintaining the reporting of accounts
and financial information for two companies to ensure effective and efficient control of finances
and aid decision making. This role is vital within the fast paced environment at Step on Safety
Limited and DeckSafe Solutions Limited, where teamwork, integrity, discretion, accountability
and enthusiasm are key. This position reports to the Financial Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain management accounts and reports to ensure business decision making information is available as required.- Preparation of payment applications for construction work, including follow up with chasing payments and investigation of queries.- Supervision and checking of monthly payroll data and month end supplier payments before final processing for payment.- Processing of VAT returns and EC sales listings.- Inter-company recharges.- Ensure stock-takes (weekly and six monthly) are completed and consolidated into the accounts, and maintaining accurate real-time stock quantities.- Completion of supplier questionnaires and vendor packs.- Preparations of year?end audit information for the annual audit, ensuring all information is ready and available in good time.- Follow Quality Management System (QMS) at all times.- Ensure non-conformities are reported promptly.- Greet visitors and answer phones, directing them appropriately.- Additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Maintaining timely and accurate records.
- Liaising with other departments regarding paperwork.
- Acting promptly to resolve problems.
- Some repetitive duties.
Experience and Technical Skills Required
- Standard Grade Level English and Maths.
- AAT qualified or with relevant experience.
- PC Literate including a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Motivated, with good organisational skills.
Essential Personal Qualities
- Accuracy and confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Excellent telephone/interpersonal skills.
- Confident, calm, patient.
- Flexible, dependable, reliable, team player.
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Sense of humour, presentable and courteous.
Salary, Hours of Work and Location
£ Dependent upon experience
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm (extra hours may be required)
Factory Lane, Brantham, Essex CO11 1NH
This document provides a concise statement of the key deliverables regarding this position; however, it is not an exhaustive list of all duties and key deliverables are subject to change in line with the changing business requirements. Employees are expected to carry out reasonable, additional duties as their manager may request from time to time.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.