Contracts Estimator Vacancy
Step On Safety Ltd. The UK’s leading supplier and installer of Fibreglass Flooring & Access Equipment to the construction industry are looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to join our existing Contracts Team, based at our Manningtree Office. Knowledge of CAD would be advantageous. Salary dependent on age and experience. Please email your cv to email@example.com (No Agencies Please)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pricing of all Tenders for Riser Floors & Access Structures, along with associated Site Instructions for live projects, in a timely manner, maximising margin opportunities
- Review each tender opportunity for additional opportunities and secure the option to tender for them
- Ensure that all payment applications are completed to the finance team every month, as and when required, maximising revenue generation.
- Be responsible for the delivery of construction drawings for each project as required, if needed use the recognised outside source if needed.
- Responsible for completing and issuing timely O & M manual information as required for each project completed.
- Support the Contracts Manager; ensure site teams are delivering an excellent service to the client through communication, delivering of objectives/targets for installation etc.
- Liaise with Contracts Manager and visit each site as and when required to ensure accurate and full applications are made.
- Support Contracts Manager with Site Start Ups, as and when required.
- Attend, either with Managing Director or Contracts Manager, pre-start meetings with clients for each project and complete the pre-start project information sheet.
- Ensure that the Contracts Administrators are performing their duties in accordance with the companies’ requirements.
- Understand what we are delivering on each and every project and ensure site supervisors and team are fully aware.
- Conduct Site Operatives appraisals, with input from Contracts Manager, as and when required, but at least once per year.
- Instigate a project review program, with the Contracts Manager & Managing Director, to ascertain lessons learned and ensure best practice is promoted onto forthcoming projects
- Support the Contracts Manager, ensure sites are cleared, and items ‘Off Hired’ expediently at the end of each project
- Answer Technical and Sales enquiries by telephone and email.
- Follow Quality Management System Manual (ISO9001) at all times.
- Ensure non-conformities are reported promptly.
- Feedback customer comments as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with product descriptions & technical data.
- Understanding customers’ needs/specifications and taking responsibility for delivering in a timely manner; combining excellent resource planning to achieve the desired customer satisfaction.
Experience and Technical Skills Required
- Construction related background, with 5-10yrs experience and a good level of commercial awareness
- Good knowledge of plant hire, Health & Safety Regulations
- Good Grade Level English & Maths
- Confident to read & use CAD drawings
- PC Literate including experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Motivated, with good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
Essential Personal Qualities
- Excellent telephone/interpersonal networking skills
- Confident, calm, patient with customers
- Flexible, dependable, reliable, team leader
- An ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, either on your own initiative and/or as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and an ability to make decisions & negotiate
- Presentable & courteous, with a sense of humour
Salary / Hours of Work / Location
Salary: £ Dependent upon experience
Hours: Mon – Fri. 8.30am -5pm (extra hours may be required)
Location: Throughout the UK
This document provides a concise statement of the key deliverables regarding this position; however, it is not an exhaustive list of all duties and key deliverables are subject to change in line with the changing business requirements. Employees are expected to carry out reasonable, additional duties as their manager may request from time to time.
Please call us on 01206 396 446 for more information and to get a quote
or use the contact form on our site